Findings of Psycho-neuro-immunology show, that psyche, brain and immune system are closely connected.
During Corona crisis, rTMS is an intriguing therapy which strengthens in a naturally, physically way your immune system, e.g. via:
- reduction of proinflammatoric Cytokines (Interleukin 6, Interleukin 1 beta, Interleukin 17 A) and thus modulation of response on viruses or other pathogene invadors, of inflammation, fever and pain
- alterations in the expression and functionality of Adenosine A2A Receptors in neutrophils, thus protecting tissues of inflammation
- modulation of Gamma Interferon release and thus immune response on viruses
Emotional, chronic stress, such as anxiety, weakens the immune system. rTMS helps excellently and often immediately against anxiety, depression and sleep disturbances:
- through anxiety relief, lymphocyte production is normalised
- through sleep regulation, Testosterone distribution in men is augmented, which has an antiinflammatoric effect on autoimmune diseases
- through mood improvment, activity and amount of Natural Killer Cells are boosted
- through relaxation, less Glucocorticoide hormones (stress hormones) are released, what leads to normalisation of: Cytokine production, reactivity of T- and B-Lymphocytes as well as that of Natural Killer Cells.
rTMS protects the brain against autoimmune, selfdestructive reactions through:
- inhibition of Astrocyte proliferation and diminuition of IL-6 production in Hippocampus
Even Low Intensity rTMS is efficient through:
- reduction of Cortisole
- activation of macrophages
- modulation of IL-1 beta release
- modulation of phagocyte activity
- neuroprotection by reducing oxidative cell damage
- counteracting aberrant proinflammatory responses
- Oxytocin release, which reduces Cortisole, activates Killer Cells, protects against oxidative cell damage, has an antiinflammatoric effect, improves relaxation, sleep and pain perception
Immunological reactions (e.g. on virus infections) itself have an influence on the brain, the autonomic nervous system and mood (e.g. promoting depressions), through:
- IL-1 mediatet release of glucocorticoids
- Alpha Interferon release
- inhibition of nerve cell activity in hippocampus, due to protein CXCL-10 activity, which regulates imune defense against viruses
Modern high-tech medicine trusts in the natural treatment with magnetic waves.
Let the natural and healthy power of magnetic waves act on your nervous system, your mind and emotions.
On the way to artifical intelligence in psychiatry
Elon Musk intends to implant electrodes into the brain to stimulate the pleasure center. But he is 27 years too late, to call this a progress. With rTMS we can already achieve it safely without any brain surgery.
Why else repetitive transcranial
By very well-tolerated, physiological and thus the body’s own, natural magnetic waves, the brain and its nerve cells are set in vibration and thereby dynamized, harmonized and synchronized.
For the first time in 1993 the method was used and investigated for treatment of depression (German research group of Gereon Höflich, Hans-Jürgen Möller et.al.) For over 18 years, we have helped numerous people to a happier life. With approximately 18.000 sessions, we are likely to have the most experience worldwide and developed particularly effective stimulation procedures. Success rate in the sense of diminishing depresseive symptoms, is due to individual treatment around 90%.
The rTMS has been included in the S-3 Guidelines since 2015/19, so all private and state aid agencies are required to cover the costs of pharmacoresistant severe depression and psychosis in our practice. But there is of course a variety of other mental and neurological issues, that can be well treated with rTMS.
All those who are interested in the further development of rTMS will find on these pages the current research results, assigned to the respective therapeutic area, and in me an open contact for questions around the topic of rTMS
Dr. Seemann started his studies 1988 in Heidelberg and absolved one year in Barcelona within the Erasmus- scholarship and returned to Germany where he finished in 1993 at the elite university LMU Munich.
With his dissertation in the field of hormone research he graduated magna cum laude.
After experiences in neurology and neurosurgery he was mainly interested in humanistic topics. Therefore he studied philosophy at the LMU Munich (e.g. at Prof. Dieter Heinrich) in order to deal with the theories of self-affirmation, subjectivity and self-confidence.
After this, the relation between medicine and human sciences were of interest to him, what led him to pass further education measures as psychiatrist and psychotherapist at “Königlich Psychiatrische Universitätsklinik LMU München”. He is approved at the Bavarian Medical Council since 2001 as Consultant in Psychiatry and Psychotherapy.
Since 2002 he researches the effects of magnetic stimulation (rTMS) on psychiatric and neurological disorders and as a method to boost wellness and spiritual intelligence for healthy people. He is acknowledged by the Swiss Society of Interventional Psychiatry with “Fähigkeitsausweis Interventionelle Psychiatrie”.
He is pioneer and “First mover” in german outpatient treatment with rTMS. Since 2002 he experienced the method in an individual manner dedicated to each patient, so he is probably the most experienced physician worldwide using rTMS.
On March 5th, 2002 he began treatment of a Alzheimer´s patient with his own rTMS stimulation protocol. For the first time worldwide it was a successful treatment, improving vigilance and communication resources.
It is his vision to customise rTMS for as many people as possible to make them happy and to give them back their natural power by nature itself – in medical terms to give resonance to a self organised system.
Through his research he developed a magnetic stimulator in form of a mobile applicator GLAD-X®.
- Private Practice, Schönfeldstr. 12, 80539 D-Munich
- Outpatient Ambulatory, Obermarkt 8, D-82515 Wolfratshausen (DE)
Dr. Seemann is consulting and supervising clinics and practices for using rTMS, e.g.:
- Centro Internacional de Medicina Psicosomatica, Psiquiatria y Psicoterapia, Mallorca
- Wirbelsäule und Gelenke Zentrum, München
- Dr. Seemann has obtained the certificate “Interventionelle Psychiatrie” by the swiss society SGIP-SSPI and consults swiss clinics in implementing rTMS